Tucker Arensberg’s Healthcare Practice Group includes some of the most experienced health law attorneys in the region. Some of our attorneys have been practicing in this area since the 1970s, when health law emerged as a specialized area of law.
Tucker Arensberg lawyers have experience in all major health law issues:
- Compliance – Anti-Kickback, Stark, Corporate Compliance Programs, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Office of Inspector General (OIG) Investigations
- Reimbursement – managed care contracts, federal, state and commercial reimbursement issues and audits
- Practice Organization – professional corporations, limited liability entities (e.g. LLCs, LLPs, RPCs), joint ventures, general and limited partnerships, tax-exempt organizations, and health care businesses
- Mergers and Acquisitions – representing buyers and sellers of a variety of health care entities
- Credentialing and Licensing for Individuals and Healthcare Facilities – state licensing disputes and disciplinary actions, medical staff hearings and institutional licensing (Long Term Care (LTC), Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC), Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), etc.)
- Employment Issues – employment contracts, restrictive covenants, wage and hour issues/audits, harassment/discharge claims and unemployment/workers’ compensation claims
- Tax and Employee Benefits – Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, HSAs and 403(b) plans
- Intellectual Property – Hardware and software lease and license agreements, Protection and enforcement of trademarks and patents, Technology transfer and licensing
- Healthcare Institution Relationships – professional and administrative, practice support, lease and joint venture and other agreements with hospitals and physician practices
- Professional Organizations – Corporations, Professional corporations, limited liability companies, Sub-S filings and partnerships for health care professionals
- Trade Associations – associations under § 501(c)(6) and tax-exempt organizations and foundations under § 501(c)(3)
- Independent Practice Networks or Associations – Multi-practice networks of healthcare professionals for marketing and contracting
Our lawyers have years of experience advising clients regarding their legal, business and strategic issues and can draw upon substantial resources and knowledge in all of these areas to provide answers to your healthcare law problems.