Our attorneys work with contractors, sub-contractors, sureties, lenders, and property owners on both commercial and residential construction projects.

We have experience with all aspects of construction projects and help clients with:

  • Financing
  • Negotiating contracts
  • Structuring to achieve the best tax outcome
  • Litigation and dispute resolution

When a company has a construction dispute, it needs lawyers who can prosecute a claim or defend against the claims of another; often both are needed simultaneously.  We assist our clients with claims arising from disputes over:

  • Project delays
  • Change order disputes
  • Withholding of payments
  • Inferior or defective workmanship
  • Engineering issues
  • Surety bonds
  • Mechanics liens
  • Job site injuries

An important factor in the decision to hire an attorney for construction litigation is whether the attorneys have experience with the laws and regulations specific to the construction industry, and whether they are comfortable in all of the forums where such disputes are heard.  We have litigated under the:

  • Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act
  • Federal Miller Act
  • Pennsylvania Bond Law
  • Pennsylvania Mechanics Lien Law

We appear for our clients in federal and state courts in many jurisdictions, in arbitrations through the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and private arbitrations.  A number of our attorneys have served as AAA arbitrators and as private arbitrators or mediators on construction matters.

If litigation is required, our attorneys’ in-depth understanding of the construction business, as well as the law, makes it possible for us to work with clients to develop a proper litigation resolution strategy that best meets the company’s business goals.

While construction companies have unique needs, they also have many of the same issues as other businesses and need counsel that can support them in their operations.  We are a full service business law firm, so our construction clients count on us for business matters including: